S.H.D.S (LVB)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

S.H.D.S (LVB)

Sin Moo Hapkido Defensive System

AccueilPortailGalerieDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à ...
Voir le deal

The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted

3 participants
AuteurMessage
jancancook

Masculin Nombre de messages : 237

The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted  Empty
MessageSujet: The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted    The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted  Icon_minitimeMer 30 Mar - 16:45

The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted when lightning was anticipated, and had a low success rate. In 1820 William Snow Harris invented a successful system for fitting lightning protection to the wooden sailing ships of the day, but despite successful trials which began in 1830, the British Royal Navy did not adopt the system until 1842, by which time the Imperial Russian Navy had already adopted the system.

Nikola Tesla's U.S. Patent 1,266,175 was an improvement in lightning protectors. The patent was granted due to a fault in Franklin's original theory of operation; the pointed lightning rod actually ionizes the air around itself, rendering the air conductive, which in turn raises the probability of a strike. Many years after receiving his patent, in 1919 Dr. Tesla wrote an article for The Electrical Experimenter entitled "Famous Scientific Illusions", in which he explains the logic of Franklin's pointed lightning rod and discloses his improved method and apparatus.

Shirt Printing Blog
Michelin Star Restaurants
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
XREDXR

Masculin Nombre de messages : 308

MessageSujet: Re: The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted    The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted  Icon_minitimeMar 3 Mai - 6:58

rendering the air conductive, which in turn raises the probability of a strike. Many years after receiving his patent, in 1919 Dr. Tesla wrote an article for The Electrical Experimenter entitled "Famous Scientific Illusions", in which he explains the logic of Franklin's pointed lightning rod and discloses his improved method and apparatus.

Bay Area Wine Tours
Attorney Vancouver WA
stargame95

Masculin Nombre de messages : 111

MessageSujet: Re: The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted    The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted  Icon_minitimeMer 13 Juil - 17:36

Tree Removal Denton Texas
pubblicità online
rk in a place with wifi everywhere, I easily fit under the 200 MB cap. Buying a phone is one of the most complicated purchases imaginable because of the carriers and all their contract tricks and traps but also because there are so many features it can take longer than 30 days to figure out if everything works. When I buy a phone, I'm on a "hair trigger" to take it back at the first sign of trouble rather than find out on day 31 that I simply can't live with something about it. Fortunately this was not the case with my iPhone 4. I'm as delighted today as the day I picked it up. With the phone that is. 18 dropped calls in 2 weeks are really putting a strain
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted    The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted  Icon_minitime

The first lightning conductors on ships were supposed to be hoisted
Page 1 sur 1