Nombre de messages : 237
Age : 35
Localisation : Viet Nam
Date d'inscription : 15/02/2011
|Sujet: Founded and financed by businessman Kaspare Cohn Lun 31 Oct - 9:22|| |
Founded and financed by businessman Kaspare Cohn, Cedars-Sinai was established as the Kaspare Cohn Hospital in 1902. At the time, Cohn donated a two-story Victorian home located at 1441 Carroll Avenue in the Angeleno Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles to the Hebrew Benevolent Society to create the hospital as a memorial to his brother Samuel. Just 12 beds when opening on September 21, 1902, the hospital's services were initially free.
From 1906 to 1910, Dr. Sarah Vasen, the first female doctor in Los Angeles, acted as superintendent. In 1910, the hospital relocated and expanded to Stephenson Avenue (now Whittier Boulevard) where it had 50-beds and a backhouse containing a 10-cot tubercular ward. It gradually transformed from a charity-based hospital to a general hospital and began to charge patients.
The hospital relocated again in 1930 to 4833 Fountain Avenue, where it was renamed Cedars of Lebanon after the religiously significant Lebanon Cedar, used to build King Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem in the Bible and could accommodate 279 patients. In 1918, the Bikur Cholim Society opened a second Jewish hospital, the Bikur Cholim Hospice, when Great Influenza Pandemic hit America. In 1921, the hospice relocated to an 8-bed facility in Boyle Heights and was renamed Bikur Cholim Hospital. In 1923 the Bikur Cholim Hospital became Mount Sinai Home for the Incurables.generadores electricosdietary supplements